Saturday, October 10, 2009

Someday...

Lately I have been able to distract myself from the idea of owning a Mini Cooper, but then the weather here in Arizona became PERFECT and the boss then drove us to lunch in his cutesy pie yellow, adorable Mini and this is how I felt the entire way... WHEEEEEE!!!!


I do realize that was a fantastically long sentence above, but how else could I capture my love and excitement for my future car. I can't wait for the day I get to drive around this gorgeous state with perfect fall 80 degree weather in a cute lil' Mini Cooper. Patience.
PATIENCE.
I had quite the experience with cat trapping this week. My roommate has been feeding the neighborhood kittens and decided that they needed to be caught and spayed/neutered. This is quite the concept for me to grasp... catching stray animals to pay for their surgeries. Especially when all I think of is lil' great grandma telling stories about throwing the strays in a sack with a few rocks before tossing them into the canal! I can just imagine her rolling her eyes as I sat in the dark parking lot, begging those darn cats to go in their cages. ha ha ha.
What an adventure we had trying to catch these lil' critters. The first 3 were caught pretty easily. We lured them into their cages with tuna, fresh out of a can. The momma cat and the oldest kitty were stubborn lil' buggers. The roomie had to wait until the next night to catch those two. I opted out of round two though. She had to brave it on her own. Thankfully it was a success. I can't imagine enduring a third night. blech.
It is nice to see our lil' friends now that they've recovered from surgery and are out hanging around their home/shed waiting for dinner. Many people from the complex have fallen in love with this kitty family. They're a welcome sight after a long day at work/school. Such cutesy pies. They'd probably be perfect co-captains for a lil' convertible Mini Cooper with the top down, wind in the hair. Well until we hit a speedbump and they fly out the back!

3 comments:

  1. I hope you get that mini cooper soon. I love your blog! Auntie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha Ha I loved it!
    Melisa, Kacey's roomie
    P.S. I feel very fortunate, blessed, to have a roommate such as Kacey!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh geez!! I know, you should get a cute little white lab puppy to go along with the cutesy pie kitties.. He would look awesome in a mini cooper too!

    ReplyDelete