Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Embarrassed again.

These first two weeks of school have been tough. Not so much in the amount of work due, because it's mostly been reading assignments. I have had trouble with the little things. I already mentioned the due date and time issue I had on Monday. Well in that same class I had to write an introduction about myself in the online discussion board. Easy peasy. I did a quick note about me and submitted. I decided to scroll back and read some others. That's when I realized that I had already introduced myself last week when the assignment became available!

This is what happens when I try to be proactive. I forget that I had done the assignment and when the due date rolls around I fall back into the 'rush, rush' procrastinator mode and hurry to submit. The whole Google calendar idea is a great tool, but only if used correctly. I have learned my lesson. Now is not the time to change learning behaviors. I will save that for grad school. I am going back to survival/procrastinator mode where I know I can be successful.

It wouldn't be so bad if I spread all my oopsies into different classes. Oh no, I choose to make all my 'duh!' moments happen in one class, Religion and Moral Issues. I'm sure my professor is going to start to wonder about my obvious issues. 15 more weeks to go. As if I'm counting. pfft.

3 comments:

  1. ha ha! Too bad it wasn't a psych class then you could just pretend it was a couple of your multiple personalities who both wanted to do the assignment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know. That would have been perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hang in there-girl! The message I received today was "the project is due in two weeks find a group and get started". I think she wants me to communicate with others in the class-for heavens sakes it is a math class. I'm losing points before I even get started.

    ReplyDelete