Tuesday, September 8, 2009

I love red tape.

Especially the red kind that heals all taillight wounds. About a month ago I noticed that the taillight on my car was a lil' bit broken. I figured I could get away with it for awhile. Well that ended on Sunday morning. As I was driving home, the cutest highway patrol guy EVER pulled me over. I was pretty tired and that usually leads to some 'duh!' moments, so you can imagine how much fun I was.

First of all, he walked up to my car and I had to open the door, because the window doesn't roll down. Classy, I know. He said he pulled me over for the light and then looked at my cracked windshield and said 'that too', as he pointed. hmm. ok. He asked for my insurance and license, which is 2 addresses old. oopsies. He had to show me on the back of my license that I have 10 days to update. Well I explained that I was busy... too busy to care or put on my to do list.

He heads back to his car, I assume to see what kinda nutcase I really am. That magic computer must have prompted important information, such as crazy, recently divorced lady, who works two jobs and goes to school full-time. When he got back to my car he asked what had happened to my light. Like I knew, I had just noticed that it was even like that a few weeks ago. He then asked why I didn't file a report. Well gee whiz. Who has the time to file a report for a slightly broken red light cover? I have plenty of other stuff to worry about. I stumped him there. He was speechless for a few minutes. So then he asked where it happened. I lied and guessed, Walmart? He seemed disappointed to realize that was private property. I think he was wanting to be nice and friendly and offer to file the report right then and there. Of course I screwed that up.

Oh.. and he asked if I lived out of my car! I swear it isn't that messy. I only had one big Target bag in the backseat and maybe a bunch of school books/papers. hmm... a lil' bit messy.

After at least 45 minutes of discussing important topics, such as where I live, work, do I get tuition benefits, are they hiring part time... I got a WARNING!! woot woot! He then suggested that I go to the lil' auto store and buy some red tape, or if possible a new light cover. pfft. I went with red tape, of course. I gotta keep up the appearance of the crazy, homeless lady living in the backseat.

So, that was my Labor Day weekend. Hope yours was equally exciting.

4 comments:

  1. It reminds me of the time we got pulled over on the way up Santaquin canyon and the cop wanted me to play my bagpipes. And lets not forget if you would have flirted then I wouldn't have got a ticket.
    I am glad you have worked on your skills and only got a warning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You could have just played the bagpipes. I don't think that was asking too much! ;)

    ReplyDelete